Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chest is finally finished...and other misc happenings from the week!

After lots of blood, sweat and almost tears -- the chest is FINALLY finished.  Don't look too closely, it's certainly not perfect, but I'm pleased with the end result.




No project is ever complete without the superintendent.


I think the pulls really made it and they were very reasonable.

Last weekend we went to AB with the Farrells.  Happy 5th anniversary, Andrew and Laura!  The weather couldn't have been more perfect and we ate lots of yummy seafood. 




One of our favorite McKinney employees, Vincent, is leaving to head to Afghanistan to work as a civilian serving our armed forces.  We will really miss him!  We had a potluck in his honor and he requested I make him mint Oreo truffles.  I got a little carried away with this corny pun.  They were deluxe -- I actually liked them better than the original oreo truffle flavor.

Friday night Kathryn, Rachel and I went to Cafe Caturra to celebrate Kiki's 26th birthday!


I enjoyed their French white wine flight (only $10!).

Then we headed to the State game yesterday -- I was not a fan of the misty cold weather for a mid-September game.

We are now at the beach for a much needed week of R&R with the fam (sadly, A couldn't get off work!!).

Mom with Eloise & Ethel.

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment