Monday, September 12, 2011

Oldie, but goodie - sausage pinwheels

My mom has been making these for years and they sure aren't healthy, but they are a delicious treat.  They remind me of mornings at the beach.

Ingredients
2 cans cresent rolls (I used reduced fat...every little bit helps, right?)
1 lb. Neese's sausage (I use HOT!)
Mustard

Unroll cresent rolls.  Pinch two triangles together so they form a rectangle.  You will have 4 rectangles to work with.  Next I cut the sausage into 4 equal pieces.  Flatten little pieces of the sausage and layer on top of the cresent rolls so they are covered completely.  Then squirt a bit of mustard on top of sausage.


Cut into strips -- I usually get about 12 strips for each rectangle (the strips are cut along short side).  Then roll up and place on cookie sheet.


You can freeze at this point and heat up a few as desired, or go ahead and bake the entire batch.  Bake for about 10 minutes on 350 or until golden brown.

I usually eat with some eggs and a little side of mustard.

Enjoy!


XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment