Monday, September 5, 2011

Things I'm loving

1. A man who isn't afraid to love on his dog WHILE cleaning his own shirt. 
I'm not going to lie -- I don't do Josh's laundry...ever.  I'm 21st century, not 1950s. :)
And I may have just put this picture on here because I love them both so darn much.

2. Cream painted brick home with taupe shutters.

Look at the transformation

Look how amazing this ranch is with a little paint and love.
Both homes found here

3. Mirrored furniture.  I have been eyeing pieces on Horchow for the last two years.  Here are a few of my faves.




4. Knockout roses.  I want to line our front fence with these low maintenance beauties.
Picture via

5. Palmetto Cheese - best. pimento. cheese. ever.  (Costco sells it for $3.99 -- $2 less than HT).  We can't get enough of it with reduced fat Triscuits.



6. Quatrefoil decorative items. 
I love this lamp from Horchow and need a few for the den.

Quatrefoil mirrors are big as well

7. Grasscloth wallpaper.  I'm trying to decide where in my house I want to start slapping a little wallpaper up.  I may start with the back of our den bookcase / tv stand.


8. Gallery walls.  I have been collecting some old family photos from both sides of our families.  I think it creates a great conversation piece and is a good reminder of your roots!

Both of these are by Suzanne Kasler -- the woman can do no wrong in my opinion


9. Skirted tables -- I have on beside my guest bed that is still in need of a skirt.  A lot of recent magazines have been showcasing them.
via Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles

via Suzanne Kasler

10. Lighting great smelling candles in the evening.

I picked up this Capri Blue Mercury glass jar candle from Anthropologie a month or so ago and the smell is AMAZING.  I'm also a fan of Paddywax (thanks to Ellen!!).

Hope everyone had a safe and fun Labor Day! I was a sweet wife and hit the links with Josh.

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment