Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Recap and Ahi Tuna Marinade

Friday night we had the perfect low-key evening with Chris, Kathryn & Maeby grilling out at our house.

Saturday we picked up my chest from Studio123 (thanks for your help, Jean & Larry!) and I began my desk "arts and crafts" project.  Pics to come as soon as I get the guest room / future home office back in order!  I am very pleased with how the desk is looking so far (two coats of paint down, one more to go).

Bailey was having a party at her house Sat. night, so Maysie came over and had a cocker sleepover.  How cute are they on that swing?

That evening Josh drug 3 UNC fans to the NCSU v. UVA bball game.  Sadly (?), State lost by one point.  Thanks for coming, Matthews!

Sunday after church we ate brunch with friends at Poole's, so we we headed to our favorite seafood market, Earp's, for a lighter dinner.  We got two tuna steaks and marinated them in Bailey's special recipe.  So delicious and fresh tasting.
Marinade
1/4 c. soy sauce (I use low sodium)
1/8 c. red wine vinegar
1/8 c. balsamic vinegar
Zest from almost one whole orange
Juice from 1/2 orange
1/2 T. sesame oil
1 T. lime juice (I didn't use fresh, but you could if you have a lime!)
1 T. garlic (I used dried flakes since that's what I had on hand)

I created a reduction by doing the same ingredients as the marinade (minus the zest from the orange), plus 1.5 T. of brown sugar.  I boiled for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently and it reduced to a nice syrupy consistency.  We poured over the cooked fish and it was nice to have a little sauce for the brown rice we served alongside the fish.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

So hard to believe I am about to begin my last week at McKinney.

...AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JULIA!!

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment