Sunday, January 8, 2012

Miso fish with brown rice & roasted balsamic broccoli

An  is one of my very favorite restaurants in the triangle.  Their miso seabass continues to be one of the best meals I've ever had -- melt in your mouth good.  Tonight I attempted to recreate the miso sauce and it turned out very well and was so simple.  I paired it with brown rice and roasted broccoli for a healthy Sunday supper.  You should try it!

Miso Fish
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 T soy sauce
2 T miso paste (I couldn't find it at the smaller HT I went to, so I substituted and used one packet of the instant miso soup--it did the trick quite nicely!)
2 T hot water

Combine above ingredients.  Pour over 3-4 fish fillets (we used tillapia because they were out of grouper - any white fish would work.  Sea bass is so expensive, but is ideal.).

Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. 
 We served with brown rice.  Make sure you pour some of the miso "gravy" over the rice and cooked fish once it's plated.

Roasted Broccoli (courtesy of Bailey)
Cut broccoli florets in half so there is a flat side.
Lightly toss in olive oil.
Salt & pepper.
Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the broccoli.

Bake for 7-10 minutes at 400 degrees.

We really relaxed this weekend!  It was so nice to have no plans and enjoy the spring-like weather.  I can't believe I was taking down Christmas decorations with the front door open. 

Off to Columbus for work Monday & Tuesday.

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment