Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A few bite-sized delights

Another little hiatus from blogging thanks to my friend, McKinney.

BUT I have managed to find time to do a little cooking.

I made it to supper club last week and decided to put some of my fig preserves to use.  This "recipe" only needed the above 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes. 

Fill fillo shells with brie and bake for 8 or so minutes until brie has melted.

Then top with a little jelly (any kind would work).  Ta-da -- delicious little bite-sized app. It would be prettier to pipe the jelly on instead of spreading like the picture below.

Now - for my favorite.  We had a baby shower for one of my sweet friends at work this week and I wanted to make something bite-size again.  I got some inspiration from Pinterest and developed these little treasures -- Funfetti cake balls.

Bake a cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan (of course, I used Funfetti).  Once it's cooled crumble into bowl.  Add 1 tub of icing (I used cream cheese icing).  Stir together until well blended -- it will begin to resemble a slightly thicker version of cake batter again.

Roll into balls about the size of a ping pong ball.  Place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  Put in freezer for 15 minutes to harden.

Melt white chocolate squares in microwaveable bowl.  Roll ball in melted chocolate, shaking off excess.  Then top with sprinkles.  Although my balls didn't turn out as perfectly round as I hoped...I still they they are adorable.  And I think they were a hit -- although people seem to eat anything at work!

Speaking of Pinterest (if you aren't a member, sign up now -- I am obsessed) -- I also went there to look for a little baby shower decoration inspiration. 

I bought the supplies and then had to leave it to my awesome co-workers to execute and art direct thanks to a few firedrills at work.  Turned out pretty darn cute (the raindrops were blue - flash made them all look white).  Thank you team (Aubrey, Kim, Ginna, Tom)!

Now for a few fun family photos.  Bailey and Lee came over for an app (served baked brie bites) and drinks on Saturday night before dinner.  They were off to celebrate their FIVE year anniversary.  I am ready for them to get married -- that's right Bailey -- I said it!

Olivia looks like a crazy!

Little family love (notice Josh holding O's paw...ha).


XO,
Whit

PS: If you read my blog, please follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment