Monday, August 1, 2011

Olive's Portrait!


My parents brought Olivia's completed portrait to Blowing Rock this weekend and I could not be more thrilled!


Pretty darn close to an exact twin!

It's a bit more modern than my typical art style so I opted to put in my mud room with some other dog themed decorations.

Bench is a hand-me-down that I've thought about painting, but the red has grown on me.  Bow and green and brown plates are from Anthro -- from college.  The spaniel plate is from Spode's Woodland collection and the little dog plate at the bottom is from a chateau (Cheverny) in France.

After hanging it on a narrow wall by itself it looks a little small, so I may have it framed.


Here are 3 of the other family dogs Cat (my mom's friend's daughter) has done -- all equally darling and fun!  Maysie (cocker spaniel) is just being held up, but the other two dogs hang together in my parents' kitchen.


They are very reasonable
$70 for 11x14
$90 14x18
$105 16x20
$125 18x24

Cat's contact info
704.315.9989

Josh's quote, "Why exactly do we need a portrait of Olivia when she is still alive?"  I think it might be creepier if I'd had it commissioned after she was in dog heaven!

XO,
Whit

2 comments:

  1. Whitney, I just love it!! The artist did a wonderful job!
    xoxo,
    mk and Gwyneth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome. What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete