Saturday, June 18, 2011

A few other DIY projects

I was hyper last weekend.  My mom kept telling me I was "wound up tight as a tick."  Who could blame me -- it was my first weekend at home in 8 weeks!  I had a major itch to accomplish some projects around the house.

Remember my Craig's list bench ($50!! -- I saw the same on in Five Points for $325!)

After we finished the headboard project Bailey and I worked on some recovering

Ta-da!  With leftover fabric from the pillows the grand total for this bench was $50...not too shabby.


(The color is terrible...but here is what it looks like)

These chairs (from a previous post) are on either side of the dresser in the room.


The guest room is coming along! I just need to get new lamps, paint the room and hang art / mirrors / sconces.  Furniture wise I'm on the prowl for a new dresser and I want a skirt made for the bedside table... more to come.

Thanks to Ellen and Grayson for one of the best and most thougtful wedding gifts that inspired this room -- the beautiful cow rug!


The next project was painting a magazine rack I picked up at Antiques at Five Points.


A little black spray paint

and the finishing touch was a little of my favorite gold leaf paint on the tassels.

A few other good finds last weekend included this bowl at Homegoods (bargain $16) -- and it matches a lot of wedding gifts.

and I found these Rock and Republic jeans at Costco ($49).


Off to a cookout and then out for a bit in Raleigh.

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment