Sunday, April 24, 2011

Carolina Inn Inspirations

Josh and I enjoyed our weekend at the Carolina Inn.  It's an old favorite and so lovely.  I wanted to share some of the top inspirations


Tables in sitting areas were set with all different teacups.  It makes such a charming table.  I've been wanting to start a collection -- picking up different ones on trips as a momento.

Modern fabrics gave these wingback chairs and updated look.  The key motif was all over the Inn.

I've always adored the look of a black & white marble floor.  I'd love to have one in a foyer in our next house.


I love old family photos -- I'm working on a similar collage with old photos of mine and Josh's families.  I haven't decided if I'll hang it in the guest room or going up the steps.  Thoughts?

Lots of natural light is a must for me.

The silhouettes reminded me of my sweet friend Louise's creations.  Check out her Etsy shop:

Here are a few samples-- they are darling!!


I like this design or something similar for the curtains I am having made for my kitchen.  This is my fabric (the black part is a raised velvet -- Iman Sultana Lattice):



A trend that is in every magazine right now.

Such a fun weekend, but we both agreed it was nice to be home.

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment