Thursday, April 14, 2011

Brooch Love

So we were a little slower at work a week or two ago and I did some major online reading to pass the time.  I kept seeing spring accessories that had what appeared to be brooches incorporated.  I love the vintage and feminine appeal of this look.  What fun statement pieces for spring and summer!


Some from Kate Spade



Then I decided I had to have this one...
but the pricetag was too steep...so I did some Amazon searching and found these two little guys ($10-15 each).



Here is my attempt at replicating (thanks to Amazon and a trip to Ornamentea).  It's no Kate, but I think I'll enjoy it.


Some other accessories


There are also a lot of clutches with brooches

I loved those so much I went crazy and ordered all these critters off Amazon to add to some clutches and other necklaces


I made this with the bee last Saturday, but I'm not loving it -- luckily I kept it as a brooch so I can remove and add to different items

Go buy yourself a brooch off Amazon -- it will dress up some clutches I bought in my Goodwill high school phase (you know the ones, Gray & Elle!)

Exhibit A

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment