Monday, October 14, 2013

It's a...

BOY!

Well, my gut (mother's intuition already??) turned out to be correct -- we found out this morning that we are expecting a little boy.  We are over the moon and I can't wait to start doing a little shopping and decorating the nursery.  As cliche as it sounds, I have never been so incredibly thankful to hear that all appendages and organs look healthy and normal.  God is good!  I laid awake for a few hours last night anxious and praying over and over that no matter the gender, we would see a healthy baby on the ultrasound screen.  Our prayers were certainly answered!

We decided the whole gender reveal party wasn't for us since our family and friends are a bit spread out, but I wanted to do something a little creative (or corny) to tell our family and friends.  Josh cooperated for a few minutes, but don't mention I put these pictures on this blog!
Olivia took a while to warm up to the giant balloon and tassel (as you will see in the outtakes below).  Thank you Rachel for helping me put these items from Sweet Lulu together and begging Harris Teeters and Party Shops all over Raleigh to inflate the 3' balloon -- who knew that was going to be such a challenge!  We were prepared with pink and blue just in case. :)  I love the large balloons and the DIY tassel kit was pretty easy to assemble -- I'll just need to invest in a helium tank if I ever want to do it again.

The outtakes


XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment