Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Gender prediction

I cannot believe we are finding out the gender of Otto Bean on Monday, Oct 14 -- now just a few days away!  Anyone who has talked to us knows we absolutely think it is a BOY.  I think I originally got it in my head because I didn't have any morning sickness and just have this "feeling."  I cannot wait to find out if we are correct.  Obviously we will be so excited either way, just praying for a healthy baby and easy pregnancy.

I was in Atlanta a few weeks ago visiting one of my dear college roommates, Louise, and we did a lot of the old wives tales.  We copied a lot of these from Natalie of Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers.


CHINESE CALENDAR:
The Chinese calendar determines the sex of your baby by entering your due date and age you were when you conceived.  

The Chinese calendar predicts a BOY

RING TEST:
We did this one for Rachel and Marlowe last year when they were preggers and both accurately predicted their babies!  Have a friend hold you wedding ring on a string/necklace very still over your belly.  If it goes in circles it is a girl, if it swings like a pendulum it means boy.  

Ring test predicts a GIRL

BAKING SODA TEST:
Put a little baking soda in a dry cup and then pee into the cup.  Supposedly if the baking soda fizzles it is a boy, if it remains flat it is a girl.  I think it fizzed a little.

Baking soda test predicts a BOY

MORNING SICKNESS:
Supposedly the sicker you are the more likely it is a girl.  I was exhausted my first trimester, but never came close to throwing up.  In fact, I felt sicker in the evenings with less appetite at dinner than the mornings.

Morning sickness predicts a BOY 

HOW YOU CARRY THE BABY:
If your belly hangs low (or in front), you're having a boy. If it's high (or wide in the middle), you're having a girl. 



I still don't have too much of a bump to really be able to tell how I'll end up carrying, but right now the few people I've shown this photo to have said GIRL

HEARTBEAT RATE:
If the baby's heart beats faster than 140 beats per minute, it's a girl.
Heartbeat was 155 bpm at the last visit, predicts a GIRL

I'll announce it on here on Monday after we find out!

XO,
Whit

2 comments:

  1. For us, the ring test was spot on with both kiddos. The way my SIL did the ring test, it also predicted how many kids you would have… 2 girls for us :) Accurate, for now.

    Congratulations! I can't wait to see how you design a nursery for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just so excited for you guys! What a fun time. Can't wait to hear! :)

    ReplyDelete