Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Recap: Lights, Pimm's, etc.


Lights are hung over at the new house.  I got both of these for the steal of the century at The Cheshire Cat in Cameron Village.  

The Sleepy Poet in Charlotte continues to be one of my favorite places to dig for affordable treasures.  I simply added a little Rub ‘n’ Buff to the lantern’s leaves and it now hangs in our back entry.  I have missed projects -- even though this took me all of 5 minutes, I enjoyed it.

Home Depot and Lowe’s were the sources of ALL our exterior lights.  They were all about $30-$60 and look just as good (to me at least) as ones I priced that were $200+ each.


Friday night we ate dinner at Batistella’s with the Otto and Falkner families.  Their Pimm’s cocktail was delicious and light!
Jean, my mother-in-law, and one of her besties, Donna.

Saturday night Chris and Kathryn were nice enough to turn a blind eye at our messy house and we grilled out.  This picture doesn’t look appetizing, but it was awesome.  I highly recommend the chicken sausages from Fresh Market.  Kathryn and I tried mushroom & asiago and buffalo & blue cheese.  I don’t even like blue cheese and I thought it was delicious.

Then we headed to Babylon to celebrate Josh’s friend, Andrew’s, birthday.
Kathryn, me, Laura (bday boy's wife)

Sidenote: Josh informed me that my turquoise and gold necklace didn't go with my pink dress...  I did not listen to him :)


Then we pooled and golfed it on Sunday.  I played 9 holes for my second time since about age 7.  

And Olivia was lucky enough to enjoy a cocker sleepover with her cousin, Maysie.  They spent a lot of time posing in furniture…
Let the record show the picture on the left was at 2 a.m....

We should close and move August 3.  We spent a lot of time starting to clean out this house.  I don't know how we have accumulated this much stuff -- looks like hoarders over here!  My next few weekends will be spent doing lots of donating / throwing out.

I have a great recipe coming in my next post.

XO,
Whit







1 comment:

  1. Love the chandelier idea, I love that look - I want a white one in my living room/ dining room area.
    You guys look lovely, like you're having a ton of fun!
    xx





    If you have a free moment I would so appreciate if you could check out my new post!




    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete