Saturday, July 28, 2012

Copy cat, copy cat

In this first one I'm the copy cat.  This well-known Lonny mag spread with the bamboo mirror and perfectly styled green campaign chest is one of my all time favorites.
I decided to try and find my very own faux bamboo mirror to lacquer white and hang in our jack & jill bathroom.  I did some searching on Craig's list and eBay one night to no avail -- then the next day I walked into Studio123 to ask a quick question and there she was -- quite serendipitous I think.

I disassembled so that I could paint both sides since the back of the bamboo reflects slightly on the mirror.  I then used a high gloss spray paint to try and get a lacquered look.


This before and after isn't very impressive, but I am happy with the white for that bathroom.

Then One Kings Lane featured our very coffee tables this week.
I love that the estimated market value is $1,999 (now $999) when I think I paid a whopping $60 for each.  They need some styling love, but we are moving in a week, so I'll cut myself a little slack.

Happy weekend!

XO,
Whit

1 comment:

  1. Love everything in your house! Agreed about One King's Lane... their value they place on items is a little off scale. I have seen several items they sell on Overstock.com for half the price.

    Also do you have plants in the glass dome on your coffee table? I have been wanting to make some type of terrarium but haven't been sure exactly how to put one together.

    ReplyDelete