Saturday, February 11, 2012

Our Oakwood Bathrooms & Bathroom Dreaming

I haven't done anything to our upstairs bathrooms, hence why they have never made an appearance on the blog.  They were redone prior to us moving in.  I have a few friends in the midst of totally gutting theirs and it got me thinking -- ours may not be exactly my dream bathrooms, but they do incorporate some things I love: black & white tile, soothing & clean paint color, bead board and some cheerful art.  Best of all- they didn't cost us anything extra and for a 100+-year-old house, we are so fortunate that they didn't require any work.
I could use some new monogrammed linens to spruce them up!
My mother-in-law purchased these whimsical  dogs for her laundry room and then changed directions.  I think they could be darling in a nursery or kids' bath one day.
I actually shower in the guest shower since it's much bigger than the tub shower in the master.
The pedastal sinks in both bathrooms are pretty, but they allow for NO storage.  In full disclosure, this was right after Vivian came...they don't usually look like this!

Now for the dreaming part of this post...

It may not be super practical, but how gorgeous is this bathroom?  Love the chandelier, exposed tub, giant gold mirror, french chair and glass & metal shelf.
via Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles magazine
Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles bathroom, traditional bathroom beautiful bathroom
via House Beautiful

via Country Living
clawfoot tub
Designer Betty Lou Phillips has several bathrooms that incorporate: marble, chandelier & cleanness of the gray and white palette.
via Betty Lou Phillips
marble bathroom, chandelier in bathroom, gorgeous bathroom
via Betty Lou Phillips
monsieur and madame tile, french bathroom, carerra marble bathroom

via Betty Lou Phillips

I love interesting wallpaper in a bathroom, too.
via Betty Lou Phillips
gold and white wallpaper
via Elizabeth Dinkel
green wallpaper in bathroom, marble subway tile

XO,
Whit





1 comment:

  1. I love these! I might actually steal a few ideas for my upcoming bathroom improvement. I just got my flooring aberdeen done, so now it's time for the kitchen and bathrooms. Can't wait to see the final results, yay!

    ReplyDelete