Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Recipe - Aunt MAC's Poundcake

My aunt has always brought her famous "cold-oven" pound cake to each Thanksgiving.  It is a tradition I hope is never discontinued and one of my favorite holiday foods.  I love to heat up leftovers with a little butter (toasted) for breakfast.

Since this year we are in Raleigh with the Otto family for Thanksgiving I decided to make it for our annual girls' Supper Club Thanksgiving feast this past Monday night (I'm not going to lie - it wasn't my best pound cake -- I cooked it a tad too long and it was a little drier than usual...), but this recipe is usually delicious!!!

Cold Oven Pound Cake
3 c. sugar
3 c. all purpose flour
1 c. Crisco
1 c. milk
1 stick butter
5 eggs
1 T vanilla extract
1 T lemon extract
1 t. salt
1 T Butter buds or imitation butter flavoring


Grease and flour cakepan.  Blend Frisco & butter, then sugar.  Blend & add eggs one at a time. 


Add flour and milk - begin & end with flour.  Add remaining flavors & blend well.  Have all your ingredients at room temperature.  Do not preheat oven! Try not to check cake too much during baking process (use light, don't open door). 

Bake 325 for 1 hr. 35 minutes.

And a few pictures from last weekend -- girls at NC State halftime

When we got home Josh was so happy about the huge State upset over Clemson that he allowed this family photo to take place. 
Notice how chapped his lips are in this picture!  He looks like he is wearing lipstick!!

Hope you have a wonderful & safe Thanksgiving -- I'm in charge of corn pudding & potatoes au gratin tomorrow -- recipes to come.

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment