Thursday, September 13, 2012

Exterior House Progress

For the benefit of out-of-town readers, my mom requested that I update some pics of the exterior of the house -- I updated the pic on the sidebar and thought I'd show you the transformation the home has taken from the outside.

By the way, did I ever tell you how we put an offer on a house down the street last year and our Realtor accidentally put the wrong house number -- 2012 -- how serendipitous that we'd end up in 2012 in 2012!  Don't you think it was meant to be?


We (Josh, his sweet brother - Landon, and I) have spent a lot of time working on landscaping, but we have a LONG way to go.

And our dog spent many hours supervising.  She may literally think she is a squirrel now...

Screen porch side

Backyard -- as you can see, still lots to of work to fill our weekends.  Not quite like Josh's dream of Augusta yet! ;)

Side of garage & shed

Front of hobby shop, now garage


We look forward to the decades ahead of making this our home.  The work & projects will be never ending and that will surely keep it exciting.

XO,
Whit

7 comments:

  1. your house looks phenomenal!!! ya'll have done such a great job with everything! i was actually dropping my daughter off at preschool last week and thought i recognized it when driving by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whit! It looks amazing. I was with Caroline this weekend and we drove by. What a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big thanks to your Mom for encouraging you to show the latest! I am blown away with how wonderful your home looks! Love those blue shutters!

    xoxo,
    Meredith & Gwyneth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Whitney! I just found you're blog and love it. I actually live in Raleigh and know the house you guys moved to. I love what you've done with it! I was so worried that the people that bought it would tear it down. Thank you so much for bringing it back to it's glory days! Do you mind sharing what color the shutters and doors are? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennifer!
      So glad you found my blog. Thanks for the kind words. The color of the shutters and doors is Benjamin Moore's Timber Wolf. It is a great medium gray with blue undertones -- no brown.
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  5. Wow! This looks GREAT! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete