Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kauai Highlights

During our time in Kauai the themes were:
1. Gorgeous views all over the mostly deserted island.
2. Lots of rain and rainbows.  Kauai was stunning, but glad that we saw a LOT more sun in Maui.
3. Roosters (who knew there were so many running around the island)
4. Josh getting in hot tub and about 10 children joining each time -- I was about to pee in my pants laughing.
5. A sleepless father (jet lag did not do his poor body any good!) in a shared room.  He was quiet as a church mouse but had a little flashlight he kept shining around the room -- can you say shadow puppets?  It was cozy, but we were glad to have space and privacy in Maui. :)
6. Helicopter ride > golf (Josh missed out by playing golf & being scared so I went on a romantic ride with my parents!)

It was so nice to be able to spend 9 nights with my parents.  I can't remember the last time I saw them for that lengthy of a period and it was perfect.  To my darling hubs -- thank you for planning the trip and being the best son-in-law ever by letting my sweet parents come along.  I love you.
On a hike

Off to the helicopter adventure
We were only supposed to bring water, camera and sunglasses on the helicopter ride.  I was feeling irrational anxiety and brought my Chanel pink lipstick at the end.  Safety blanket for this girl = lipstick.
View from our room in St. Regis Princeville
XO,
Whit














2 comments:

  1. Hey Whitney- I wasn't sure how to get back in touch with you, but my paintings are for sale. The top one on my post from yesterday is already spoken for but the one below and others I have are for sale! Email me if you are interested in one or in seeing more and I will give you prices!!! You can click on "contact me" on my blog-www.bluechickadee.blogspot.com. Thanks for your interest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Totally amazing!

    Thank you so much for following my blog, I am following you back!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete