During our time in Kauai the themes were:
1. Gorgeous views all over the mostly deserted island.
2. Lots of rain and rainbows. Kauai was stunning, but glad that we saw a LOT more sun in Maui.
3. Roosters (who knew there were so many running around the island)
4. Josh getting in hot tub and about 10 children joining each time -- I was about to pee in my pants laughing.
5. A sleepless father (jet lag did not do his poor body any good!) in a shared room. He was quiet as a church mouse but had a little flashlight he kept shining around the room -- can you say shadow puppets? It was cozy, but we were glad to have space and privacy in Maui. :)
6. Helicopter ride > golf (Josh missed out by playing golf & being scared so I went on a romantic ride with my parents!)
It was so nice to be able to spend 9 nights with my parents. I can't remember the last time I saw them for that lengthy of a period and it was perfect. To my darling hubs -- thank you for planning the trip and being the best son-in-law ever by letting my sweet parents come along. I love you.
On a hike
Off to the helicopter adventure
We were only supposed to bring water, camera and sunglasses on the helicopter ride. I was feeling irrational anxiety and brought my Chanel pink lipstick at the end. Safety blanket for this girl = lipstick.
View from our room in St. Regis Princeville