Friday, March 18, 2011

Razzle Dazzle!

I have always loved pink and luckily I'm blessed to have a mother-in-law that surrounded Josh with pink from a young age.  He is WAY more receptive to pink in our house than the average guy...in fact, I think he kind of likes it. :)

The February issue of House Beautiful was the pink issue! 

I poured myself a glass of wine and thoroughly enjoyed every page of this issue.  I'd seen this picture of a foyer in a previous edition, but fell in love all over again. 

I'd been debating on whether or not to wallpaper my powder room, but of course all the papers I looked at were really pricey...even for a space this small.

The color is Benjamin Moore's "Razzle Dazzle"

Sadly, I don't have a BEFORE picture of our powder room, but here are a few of the afters -- very bright!

Midway through my project. (Please ignore the sconces.  I know they are AWFUL and so high!).

Behind the potty

With everything back hanging.

View from the door

I even added a little "razzle dazzle" to the two oil paintings behind the commode to make them fit in.

I would love to hang a little crystal chandelier, or perhaps just some crystal sconces and then this room will be complete!  It would make it "so cozy" as Allie would say.

Here a some sconces that are long that I have liked off and on for a few years (since the current ones are so high, they would hang down nicely without making a new hole) -- and affordable from Ballard Designs.

And here is the chandelier in the same family if I decide to go that route


Too crazy?  Too much?  You shouldn't be too surprised since I practically came out of the womb with Chanel's Desirable lipstick on!

Have a great weekend!  I'll be in Charlotte getting in trouble for shopping with mom.

XO,
Whit


No comments:

Post a Comment