Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Color me pretty

Who knew picking out paint was so hard?!  I am usually a very decisive person, but the paint never shows up quite like the chips so I've spent lots time driving back and forth to test new colors.  I think they (Sherwin-Williams and Benjamin Moore employees) are starting to think I am color blind and I'm starting to feel like they are correct.


We are going with a cream exterior and we finally have a winner (Benjamin Moore's Timid White OC-39) thanks to my brave mother-in-law knocking on a door to inquire about the color.  My mom and Josh approved, so we are going with it!  The trim will be the same color.  It's a really rich cream without looking yellow, taupe or white.


This is the Timid White inspiration house -- I know my house won't suddenly look like this with a few coats of paint. :)




Now -- shutter color has not been unanimously agreed upon so I did a little quick amateur mocking up.

I'm leaning towards a medium gray as something a little bit different.  Plus, it will remind me of our beloved "Gray Lady" we are leaving behind.

Which would you choose?

XO,
Whit






5 comments:

  1. Medium gray, although I really like the green and it may be my choice if I didn't have to involve anyone else in the decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the medium gray or green!! We are about to paint our traditional brick house grey...I can't get enough of that color!
    Just recently came across your blog and love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just finding your blog in the mess of painting and repainting my exterior. we ended with a color similar to the timid white...what is the shutter color on the first pic (inspiration home) did they give you that exact color as well?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John - I wanted a slightly different gray than that house so I'm not sure. We ended up going with Benjamin Moore's Timber Wolf and love it. It is a great medium gray with not as much purple as the house above. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. Well done Now With their expertise and experience, they can transform the look of any home, whether it be a new build or an older property in need of a fresh coat of paint.house painters Brisbane Southside are professional painting contractors who provide high-quality painting services for residential properties located in the southern suburbs of Brisbane, Australia. Their services include interior and exterior painting, color consultation, surface preparation, and more.




    ReplyDelete