Friday, October 21, 2011

DIY in the works...

The fabric store where I bought my den drapes quoted me $760 for hardware (poles, finials, brackets and rings) for two double windows.  I had a little sticker shock and decided to do some comparison shopping.  After all, I still had trim to purchase and a tighter budget than that!

Home Depot actually had a really good selection, just not in a finish I desired.  For $125 dollars ($635 in savings) I decided to paint them to my liking.  I think the result will end up being very similar to the more expensive hardware (and it's 9' off the ground anyways!).

I highly recommend this paint -- I ended up using two colors to get the gold I desired.

Off to Charlottesville that afternoon to see some of my favorite friends and family!!

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment