Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chicken Scallopine with Saffron Cream Sauce - Easy & Delish!

Like a good bride I registered for a variety of cookbooks at Williams-Sonoma.  Like a good wife, I have diligently been trying new recipes to teach myself how to cook.  Over the last two-and-a-half years I found myself pulling this one off the shelf more than any other.

picture and available for purchase via Barnes & Noble

Don't you just love Giada?  She is adorable in her Anthro ensembles (her hubby, Todd, works there!) and her recipes will never fail you.

Tonight I made her chicken scallopine with saffron cream sauce (for the second time) and I recommend you make it soon.  Josh licked his plate.

Go here for the recipe.

Here are the ingredients you will need:
I had everything on hand, but I will warn you that saffron threads are expensive.  I think I paid about $20 for that small container (which has 4 little containers inside -- use 1 for this recipe).  It is worth it though, it gives it the most unique flavor.

The end result from a real person (a novice) and a food photographer -- both look pretty good to me.
 I was halving the recipe tonight and may have forgotten on the "heavy cream"...hence it was runnier, and maybe that's why Josh said it was better than the first time!

We love to serve it with rice and a salad.

Have a great Friday!

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment