Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm still alive...

I've just been busy and slightly unmotivated to post lately.  I'll try to get back into making it part of my routine -- if you all haven't completely given up on me.  I'll warn you though -- none of this is really very exciting or newsbreaking -- just a little glimpse into our everyday life.

Quick recap on what we've been up to...

Josh turned 32 a few weeks ago -- I can hardly believe it.  We celebrated with his family at the Angus Barn where they surprised him with a cake with quite the hint written in the message! :)  

NO, we aren't actually expecting!!

I got myself a new grown-up camera (Canon Rebel T3i) and my main subject (victim?!) is poor Olive.  She actually has been quite the sport -- her father, not so much.


I did one small project last weekend while Josh was away at guy's weekend.  Funny how this ended up taking me most of an afternoon -- four paint variations before I was satisfied.
This was the point in the project I started really liking the unpainted version better.
The Raleigh painting needs a simple frame and to actually be hung, but happy with the general idea of how the urns look with the art and busy bookshelves.  In the end the technicolor was just too much with all the random knick-knacks in the bookshelves -- at least for me.  Trying not to overdo it.

Kathryn and Maeby had a sleepover with O & I while the boys were at the beach.

Did you know Mandolin has a new bar menu with $9 and $10 range entrees?  We enjoyed the BBQ sliders and chicken with mac & cheese.

Ok, if you are still reading, I'm impressed.  More to come later this week!

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment