It's a solid piece of furniture, it just needed some fresh paint and I decided I wanted to change out the wooden knobs for brass hardware.
This was a very easy project. First, I removed all the knobs. I then used 409 all over it to get rid of the dirt and grime. Next, I sanded the entire piece lightly. I had to sand a little harder where I'd removed the knobs because the paint was not even in those spots. Then- I got to painting! I did 3 light coats.
Before and after
My mom gave me these little animals (which are technically adorable ornaments) for Christmas. I may leave them out year round if I have room. Or they may come out and go on a little tree in the nursery during the holidays. Or they may be incorporated into a little DIY project...
My parents also gave me 4 prints from The Animal Print Shop's babies collection. I bought a four pack of white gallery frames from Bed, Bath & Beyond for $29.99 and framed them myself. I may paint the frames or change the matting (currently creamy with white frames) to make them pop a little more. Can't decide though because I do like the neutral look of them as shown on the site.
Josh thinks we have enough animals in the nursery now. I really don't want it to become too much of a theme, so I think he is right. Not too many more animal accessories will be purchased - we are running out of space for decorating and need the functional items now anyways! Can't wait for my shower this weekend.