Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weekend recap

Our weekend consisted of a little bit of baby
My mom (sketched it out) and dad (painted) finished my giraffe painting that I commissioned for the nursery.  To say I am obsessed in an understatement.  I'd love it no matter who painted it, but it's extra special and sentimental due to the artists!  It will hang over Otto Bean's crib.

Olivia was harassed into trying on a baby sleepsack....which kind of looks like a hospital gown.  She looks miserable.  I love the Bella Bliss line.

One of my best friend's from high school, Ellen, and her sweet hubby, Scott, found out they are having a GIRL!  I am so excited for them and it's been so fun to have her going through this pregnancy process with me.  Our babies will be just a month or so apart.


A little bit of decorating
My dining room chairs FINALLY are off being recovered.  I think Josh was sick of 6+ months of seeing chairs that you couldn't actually sit in around the table.  It will be so nice to have a functional dining room over the holidays.  Who wants to come over for dinner??

My parents were in town -- which sadly I didn't document very well.  We had such a nice visit!  Mom & I drug dad all over Raleigh on Saturday.  She found some a great silk fabric at Mill Outlet for her living room drapes.  Dad was quite the Vanna White holding the samples.

A little bit of celebrating
Saturday night we grilled out at home with my parents and then we helped host an engagement party for Myers and Kai in downtown Raleigh

I wore the dress I blogged about here and got lots of compliments -- contrary to Josh saying I sort of looked like a mom. :) Ha!  I enjoyed it and it runs big -- I got an XS and still have some room to grow since it's a shift style.  I'll be wearing this lots over the holidays!

With the beautiful bride-to-be


A little bit of backyard work
Every time Josh plants something in our yard it unfailingly turns into an excavation.  He may or may not have dug up a tombstone on Sunday when planting a camellia. 

After moving some plants by the garage a few months ago it revealed an ugly, unpainted, uneven garage foundation.  I got out my paintbrush and painted it Sunday and it's amazing how much better it looks.  Olivia decided to perch on the steps (as pictured) and is still sporting some of the paint on her hind leg...

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment