Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bench Makeover

So I didn't do this makeover myself, but this was the steal of the century -- great buy (from my favorite Robert Corprew), cost efficient upholstery job (from my friends at Best Custom Upholstery) and inexpensive fabric (Printer's Alley).  I didn't make any changes to the paint finish.


Somehow we ended up a little short on fabric (I think due to double welting) and so I told them to do muslin on the back.  Hello, love!  Now I sort of wish there was a little contrast somewhere on front or sides.  I'm thinking about trying to find a little more pink fabric to have two small boudoir pillows -- muslin / cream with pink piping.  What do you think?

And here she lives in my foyer.


What's your vote -- add contrasting pillows to the front?

For those of you that follow the Cameron Village blog, sorry for the repeat, but these little cookies were too easy and yummy not to share here:
"Recipe" can be found here.

And if you want to eat these little ghosts while you try on jewels, come on over to my house Thursday from 7-9 for the Stella and Dot drop in.  You are ALL welcome.  Hope to see you then.


XO,
Whit

4 comments:

  1. thats great!!!
    love it
    kisses from Milan and Prague
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW- what a great find!!! She's a real beauty now!!!

      Delete
  2. Completely freaking out over bench! Frankly, freaking out over your home coming together too! The bench is beyond gorgeous!!

    xoxo,
    mk & Gwynnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bench is absolutely adorable! Love, love it!

    ReplyDelete