Thursday, December 11, 2014

Charles is baptized!

Almost two weeks ago, Charles was finally baptized.  He was so big he could have eaten the other two young babies.  He was "chatting" during the prayer, was happy during the actual sprinkling and then was screaming in the arms of the minister by the time he reached the end of the very long aisle at our church.  He cried the entire way back down that aisle until he reached my arms.  Sweet little guy! It was Thanksgiving Sunday, but we hosted a few close family and friends (ones that were in town) at our house for a casual southern lunch following the church service.



My sisters took some illegal pictures in church.  Oops...they didn't know.


 The sweet baby afterwards




And this is reality.  The majority of my pictures look more like this...

The kid is all boy


Lunch
These Etsy cake toppers were so festive and Courtney was nice enough to expedite over Thanksgiving weekend since I procrastinated on this entire lunch.


I tried to keep it really easy and used paper plates with gold chargers.  Luckily it was a gorgeous 60+ degree day, so we could seat people outside on the screen porch and patio.


I asked my dad to read the same blessing that my grandfather (Charles' namesake) read at my baptism.  So special to me.

Maternal Grandparents


Paternal Grandparents





Olivia has officially lost her mind...



Somehow I didn't get a picture of my sister and brother-in-law, so here's one of them from Thanksgiving.  Thanks for coming!

One more of our little ham

Charles, I hope God blesses you and that you use the talents He's blessed you with for the good of others.  I pray God blesses your father and I to always be the best and most Christian parents we can possibly be and to guide you to be a Godly man.  We love you so much and are so proud of you today and always.

XO,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment